I wait.
I just finished my audition at Duquesne University. Tomorrow I leave for the University of Georgia. For now, I'm spending St. Patrick's Day at my grandmother's house, having just eaten a dinner of corned beef and cabbage, and I should be writing a paper and practicing. Oh well.
So, for an update, for the sake of ease of communication, I'll do it in list form:
Florida State - Rejected. :-( Makes my decision easier though. Everyone wants to study with Dr. Kowalsky. Maybe I'll audition again for my doctorate.
Ohio - Accepted! Waiting on financial information. From what I heard from the students, it appears that every graduate music student has an assistantship of some sort (not necessarily in the major area), so we'll see. I really enjoyed my visit, and I think I could grow as a player here. I might not end up being pushed as hard as I like, though.
Baylor - Sent in a CD, unoffically accepted, and unofficially in the running for a clarinet assistantship. From my conversations with Dr. Shanley, I think the expectations there are sufficiently high where I would be pushed to grow as a player.
Oklahoma - Still waiting, hoping to get in. Dr. Etheridge is a great pedagogue, and the overall music program is super strong.
Duquesne - Just auditioned, hoping to get in. I think the teacher here might be the best match for me as a student. Plus, they have the Pittsburgh Symphony, which I got to see on Saturday, March 15, and it is truly a first-rate group!
BU - still waiting, don't particularly care if I get in (I was unimpressed when I went for my audition)
University of Georgia - I audition tomorrow. Dr. McClellan said that he has a couple assistantships available, so we'll see how my audition goes and if he likes my playing.
Arizona State - Sent in a CD and haven't heard anything. I haven't applied there either, so I'm not that worried about furthering this. I've got my eggs in enough baskets.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment