an email came from Mr. Samuels (Duqesne University in Pittsburgh) saying that he accepted me into his studio. This is exciting for two reasons: a) I got in to a school at which, during my visit, I got to hear the amazing Pittsburgh Symphony, discovered what a good teacher he is, and realized how nice it would be to go to school in a city, and b) I have now heard from every school to which I applied!
The schools I now must consider are, in order of most information/most certainty:
Ohio University: officially accepted
Baylor University: recommended for admission and assistantship by clarinet professor and faculty committee
University of Oklahoma and Duquesne University: accepted into clarinet professors' studios
University of Georgia: accepted by professor, University admission pending GRE
Money will play an important role, and we will see whether my GRE is good enough for admission to Georgia. I may not have enough time to study for it! We'll see what I can do. I've talked to friends who have taken it (one of whom has a condensed study guide he made up), and I've bought the Kaplan's review book. We'll see how much I can prepare for it.
That is all. In the meantime, I must do homework so that I may graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment