I ALREADY GOT AN ASSISTANTSHIP!!!!!!!
I received three letters this morning - acceptances from Duquesne and Oklahoma, and an acceptance with assistantship from Baylor. Before I even knew about the assistantship, all my professors here at Gordon have been telling me to go to Baylor. I just yesterday bought plane tickets to visit Baylor at the end of the month, and this morning I got the letter. So excited. Hopefully I'll like it when I visit. So now the list is as follows:
Baylor - assistantship!
Duquesne - accepted
Oklahoma - accepted
Ohio - accepted
Georgia - unofficially accepted, pending GRE
BU - accepted, not going
FSU - rejected
So, a recital in less than two weeks, a visit to Texas a week after that, and a decision to be made very shortly.
Also, I found out recently that I have been accepted into the Scotia Festival of Music, which is a two-week chamber music festival in Halifax, NS, CA, where the Ying Quartet (faculty at Eastman) will be guest artists/faculty, in addition to clarinetist Todd Palmer and a bunch of other amazing musicians. It may cost me a grand or so, but I think I should jump on this opportunity. I'm excited to do a festival - something I've never done before - and to meet other passionate musicians coming from a different place than myself. Networking is everything in music.
1 comment:
I found your blog through facebook. Congrats on the assistantship!! That's terrific news, and a wonderful opportunity. I have a friend who did his master's at Baylor; their music department is excellent from all I hear.
Post a Comment