Monday, April 21, 2008

As things draw to a close...

So, a short post to say: 

I sent in my contract to Baylor about a week ago.  Come the middle of August, I will be making my way down to Waco, TX, where I will be pursuing a Master of Music in clarinet performance.

My recital yesterday turned out not to be a disaster.  In fact, everyone to whom I have spoken who attended said they really enjoyed it.  It was far from perfect, but it was a good program.  I was pleased that I was able to get through it, as I had not gotten the chance to run the whole program consecutively and in order.  It was: Saint-Saens Sonata, Messiaen "Abyss of the Birds" from Quartet for the End of Time, Debussy Premiere Rhapsodie, intermission, Milhaud Suite for violin, clarinet and piano, and the Poulenc Sonata.

I will wait a bit longer before I listen to the recording.  Next up is a visit to Baylor (4/27-4/29) and then my final Gordon performance, playing Prokofieff's Classical Symphony and Stravinsky's Firebird Suite with the symphony orchestra.

No comments: