Thursday, February 28, 2008

So anyone who reads this will likely wonder...

where I'm applying to grad school. Of course, I'm going for clarinet performance. The schools at which I have already auditioned are the following:

Florida State University
University of Oklahoma
Boston University
Ohio University

The following auditions have yet to take place:

Duquesne University (Sat, 3/15)
University of Georgia (Wed, 3/19)

I am sending a CD to these schools, as I have been in contact with their clarinet professors, but I haven't actually applied to either:

Arizona State University
Baylor University

I haven't gotten any mail from any of these grad schools yet, so I will hopefully update as those come in. However, I received a promising email from the clarinet professor at Ohio University the day after my audition. This is nice because I particularly enjoyed my visit there. In this particular instance, I accidentally applied for the Performance/Pedagogy program instead of the Performance program, as I thought the Pedagogy would be on just the primary instrument, not all of the woodwinds. I had to call the School of Music's secretary handling the graduate applications to adjust that. So, if anyone is looking for a good woodwind ped master's program, check it out! I think they also have a ped program for voice, strings, and keyboard. Sorry, brass players!

No comments: