Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Crooked Child

Will you dance my young child,
With your light and graceful step?
For though the winds blow fierce and wild,
We'll fill the night with merriment...
And 'twere no pity if, beguiled
By music, you should dance a jig.
'Tis merry the heart of a child.

I am no child, and my step is not light.
I am afraid I cannot dance tonight.
Go find someone happier, prettier, thinner...
Another girl who doesn't need to skip dinner.
Can't you see I'm fat. Why do you rub it in?
It's as plain as can be I'm too big for my skin.
Go have fun without me. I'm a terrible sight;
And if I were to dance, I would ruin the night!

Why don't you dance my young child,
With your light and graceful step?
For though the winds blow fierce and wild,
We'll fill the night with merriment...
And 'twere no pity if, beguiled
By music, you should dance a jig.
'Tis merry the heart of a child.

No comments: